CONSULTING SERVICES FOR THE “TIRANA BOULEVARD”
Funding sources: Abu Dhabi Fund for Development (ADFD)
Contract type: Consultancy Services
Notice type: Invitation for expressions of interest
Issue date: 10October 2016
Closing date: 21October 2016, 12:00 AM. Tirana AlALal
FOR PROVISION OF CONSULTING SERVICES FOR THE “TIRANA BOULEVARD, CENTRAL PARK AND RIVER PROJECT DETAILED DESIGN OF DEVELOPMENT MASTER PLAN” [EOI № 1 ]
The Republic of Albania has received financing from the Abu Dhabi Fund for Development (the Fund) a Loan toward the cost of “Northern Boulevard and Rehabilitation of Tirana River Project”.
The Municipality of Tirana, an executing agency of the Beneficiary, intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this financing, under the contract for “Tirana Boulevard, Central Park and River Project Detailed Design of Development Plan”
Interested International Consulting firms must provide by mail information in English indicating that they are qualified to perform the services.In order to determine the capability and experience of firms seeking to be shortlisted, the information submitted shall include the following:
- i) Letter of expression of interest:
The name and address of the applicant firm, contact person and details (fax, e-mail, and telephone) should be included in the letter. In the case of a consortium, name, address and contact details for each member of the consortium. In the event that the expression of interest is presented by a consortium, the consortium should identify a primary contact within the consortium.
ii) Brief presentation of the firm(s) (no more than 15 pages, excluding annexes):
– A company profile (and of all consortium members in the case of a consortium), organization and staffing;
– Details of experience of similar assignments undertaken in the previous teen years, including their locations;
– CVs of staff who could be available to work on the assignment.
Consultant Profile: The Consultant will be a firm or a group of firms with:
(1) Previous international experience related to master plan job at least 10 years, funded by International Finance Institutions (IFIs);
(2) Previous experience in Albania, preferably successful projects, accompanied by the certified reference
(3) Sufficient international experience as per Terms of Reference to be provided upon requests;
(4) The Applicants shall have the experience the International Financial Institutions, preferably with the Islamic Development Bank, Abu Dhabi Fund for Development, and Kuwait Fund for Development.
(5) The Applicants shall provide the Methodology and phasing of assignment, to be in line with the ToR;
(6) The Applications will be accompanied by the notarized CV of key staff qualifications and opportunity of executing the assignment competent, to be engaged as following:
- a) Team Leader
- b) Urban Planner & Designer
- c) Transport Planner& Road construction Engineer
- d) Landscape design & planning architect
- e) Infrastructure & Utilities Specialist
f): Financial & Real Estate Market Analyst
Team members shall have a minimum of 5 years’ experience of the activity which they are proposed for in a position preferably including (depending on their tasks):
All international specialists must be fluent in English. Knowledge of Albania is an advantage.
(7). Interested eligible consultants may obtain further information from the office of Project Implementation Unit (PIU) “Tirana Northern Boulevard and River Regeneration” of Municipality of Tirana, Albania from 08:00 to 16:00 hour’s local on Mondays to Fridays inclusive except on public holidays.
(8).The submissions of Expressions of Interest (EoI), in one original and two copies, properly filled and enclosed in plain sealed envelopes and marked “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR CONSULTING SERVICES FOR ”“TIRANA BOULEVARD, CENTRAL PARK AND RIVER PROJECT DETAILED DESIGN OF DEVELOPMENT MASTER PLAN” must be delivered to the office of Municipality of Tirana, represented by PIU , Scanderbeg Square, Culture Palace, first floor , Tirana , Albania on or before Friday, 21 October 2016 at 12:00 hours, local time Tirana, Albania.
(9).The received Expressions of Interest will be opened promptly after the deadline date and hours.
- Late, partial or electronic submissions or submissions not received, not opened and read-out during the opening season shall not be accepted.
Genci Kojdheli, Director General
General Directorate of Strategic Projects and Foreign Investments
Municipality of Tirana
Skenderbeg Square 1001, Nr.2 Tirana Albania